Friday 9 January 2015

My 2015 Bookish Resolutions

Here are the bookish resolutions that I hope to achieve in 2015:

1. Read 30 books
This has been my goal for the past two years and I've not reached it yet *shakes fist at University textbooks* but hopefully 2015 will be the year!
2. To not buy anymore books this year (other than a few exceptions)
Despite having another shelf added only a few months ago I'm already running out of storage space for my books! And as over 40 of the books on my shelf are unread I want to tackle some of them first this year before I start buying books again. However I will allow myself a few exceptions such as replacing the rest of my paperback Austens with Penguin's oh-so-gorgeous clothbound editions.
3. Finish at least 3 series that I've already started
SO. MANY. Vampire Academy, the Lux series, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Mortal Instruments, Divergent, If I Stay, The Inheritance Cycle to name a few...
4. Read more classics
I've only actually finished two classics - Pride and Prejudice and Alice in Wonderland so I would like to read a few more this year - particularly Austen, Gaskell & The Brontës.
5. Complete The Lord of the Rings
I've previously read the first half of The Fellowship of the Ring and really enjoyed it but unfortunately I had to abandon it for University. I picked up a one volume version of all three books in a vintage shop the other day so I'd like to finally finish it this year.

What are your bookish resolutions? How many books are you aiming to read in 2015?

Currently reading: My True Love Gave To Me by Stephanie Perkins
Currently drinking: Gingerbread Green Tea by Twinings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...